Saturday, January 12, 2008

Fettuccine with Pesto Sauce

I really like Pasta! As does my daughter, who asks for either a mac and cheese or Alfredo every other day. Pasta with pesto sauce or Puttanesca are my favourites. Ever since I started growing herbs, I make my pesto with homegrown basil. I made some yesterday and decided to post my version on Pasta with Pesto. Ananya loaded her plate with grated cheese and insisted I only post that picture, so try to look for the pasta beneath the cheese!

Fettuccine with Pesto
Dried pasta- any shape
Pesto sauce as required(recipe below)
1/2 cup chopped veggies- onion, peppers, broccoli, etc
sliced olives, grated cheese -to garnish
Cook pasta as directed. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan, add onions, peppers and saute for a couple of minutes. Add pesto sauce and cooked pasta. Mix well and garnish.
For Pesto Sauce
2 tbsp pine nuts (chilgoza), if not available, use walnuts
5-7 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1 small bunch Italian basil
2 tbsp of olive oil
1 tbsp grated cheese - I usually use either cheddar or Parmesan, which are easily available
salt to taste
Grind all above ingredients coarsely in a food processor or mixie, if its difficult to grind, add a tbsp of milk to thin it down. This freezes well for 4-5 days,if doing so omit milk and cheese.

3 comments:

Artnavy said...

hey there
am catching up on all the recipees here

Artnavy said...

of course we know each other- same old AA
how is miss doing and your sis?

Harini said...

hey,
it's been a month now since you posted something. where's the fried rice recipe u promised?