Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Reminiscence

When I was pregnant with Anan, life was very blissful. We had just set up home in Bangalore and my days were spent doing totally useless things like getting new curtains and bath mats and arranging stuff in our apartment. Of course, in my attempts to impress as a new wife, I kept inviting family/friends over for dinners and spent hours slaving over 100 dishes for 4 people! End result- food was perfect, but my back and feet hurt like hell, especially in the last trimester and I couldn't wait for everyone to leave so I could go to bed! Bottom line- I didn't enjoy the fruits of my labour (pun intended!).
Nevertheless, I enjoyed the entire 40 weeks of my pregnancy and savoured every moment of pampering and TLC from both sides of the family who were just waiting for their first grandchild to make her grand entrance!

Six years down the line, I am definitely older and wiser, not to mention heavier!! And travelling as much this time around.. And definitely not entertaining like a lunatic the way I did the first time around! However, looking back at the last 6 months, where did the time go? It was just yesterday in July when we called family to share the "good news"....and now suddenly just another 3 months to go...

No comments: